Dental Implants Harley Street
When teeth are lost, whatever the cause, you’ll benefit greatly from their replacement, mainly to help chewing and improve appearance. Nowadays, the best option is dental implants.
A dental implant is an artificial, substitute tooth root made from titanium, which is placed into the space your previous root occupied. A natural, tooth-coloured crown is then placed over the dental implant. The greatest benefit with dental implants is that they feel comfortable, natural and secure – you’ll find you can eat anything you want. Implants also prevent the jaws from shrinking, which helps you maintain a younger looking face.
Happily, implants don’t suffer from tooth decay or gum disease as teeth do. However, it’s really important to keep your gums healthy around the implants, and even more important to manage how biting forces work on implants. It is for this reason that implants are provided by dentists with further training.
The benefits of dental implants for replacing missing teeth include:
- Dental implants (unlike dentures) don’t move around in your mouth once they are placed. This helps to eliminate discomfort and pain.
- Dental implants can help to prevent deterioration of your jaw bone, which naturally occurs when teeth are missing over time.
- Dental implant placement does not have any affect on your remaining healthy teeth. Any speech problems, as a result of your missing teeth, should be improved.
- Dental implants can eliminate the problems you may experience when eating and chewing certain foods because of missing teeth.
- Replacing missing teeth can help boost confidence in those who feel sensitive about their appearance as the result of missing teeth or loose and ill fitting dentures.